Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thinking Fall 2012 already!

OK, first of all I just really paid attention to the calendar for what is obviously the first time in a long time and is it REALLY March 15th already?!  I cannot believe that it has been 3weeks since my last post.  So sorry about that (because I am sure that is what each and everyone of you do every single day, check my blog for more randomness)!  Well, even though I am living in some alternate time warp, I am at least on the ball with something.
Addie is officially beginning school in the fall! We received her "invitation" letter to attend The Comenius School.  She is so very anxious to start, even though her mother has been putting this off. Surely she is not really old enough yet?!  Some of you may know that we plan to home school, which I am excited to begin and convicted is the right thing to do come fall.  However, I am equally excited that she will attend this tutorial on Mondays at The Comenius School!  This is such a relief for me because she will have access to wonderful teaching and activities such as, humanities, art, music and drama.  Which honestly are not my strong suit and would be rather tedious for me to try and include in our daily schooling with three other preschool/infant children to take care of. 
Also, being new to the area this will be a great way for me to meet other families in the community that are like-minded.  Addie has been greatly missing her friends in Texas, so I hope that she can build new friendships through the tutorial. In addition, we think this will be an excellent way for her to have a little bit of independence and individuality from Elle and vice versa.  Although they play great together and love each other to pieces, only being 9 months apart has still posed a few challenges and Addie is very adamant about maintaining her position as eldest.
I can just see her now on her first day of "school!"  Face radiant and beaming with pride, lunch box and backpack of supplies on hand.... I promise to take a picture, but cannot promise that there won't be a couple of tears (from me, of course)!

1 comment: