Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Addiction....

I am admitting that I have an addiction to Sweet Tea!  There I said it.  Four to five days a week I just can not resist the urge to take a long sip of the sweet, brown liquid that is the taste of the true south.  I recognize that I would be better off not consuming so much and make pledges that I will only have one glass a week, max!  But then I go and do something like take the kids to Costco or grocery shopping and my resolve flies out the window. 
If you had to take Ian with you to do your grocery shopping, you would understand why and then you would probably congratulate me for not turning to a stronger drink than sweet tea!!  You see, I have become that Mom in the store that other women have pity for and the men run away from as the huge car cart rounds the corner with the screaming blonde banshee hanging out the side.  Once I survive the ordeal and we are in the car, it not being nap time yet, I just cannot resist the $1 Sweet Tea at McDonald's.  It is a sweet sip of sanity in the midst of the chaos that is my life!  Somehow I can tune out the craziness and actually begin to believe that lady in the supermarket that tells me, "Someday you will miss all of this." 

2 comments:

  1. Your sweet tea addiction can't be nearly as bad as my Dr. Pepper addiction! ;-)

    ReplyDelete