Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Closing!!!

Well... here we are six weeks after leaving Texas and having exhausted my in-laws hospitality (I'm Sure!) and we are finally closing on our new house tomorrow!!!!  To say that our lives have been crazy lately would be an understatement.  More accurately, it has been one crazy YEAR and I am ready for a "normal" pace again, although I am no longer sure that such a thing exists.
A year ago, we were looking forward to the edition of a new child to our family and anxious to know what lay ahead with the Air Force.  We knew that it was likely we would be tackling a job change and move all around the same time that we brought home our new child.  Of course, we had no idea if the job would be in the AF or not and honestly, I think a lot of the changes would have been smoother if we were still active duty.  Although life is fluid in the service there is a good amount of predictability and sameness.  Out here in the "real world" we have a new appreciation for all of the little things we took for granted, such as partial tax free income, food allowance, medical benefits that we did not pay out of pocket, ect.  The up side is that we now have choices were we used to have none!
Everything we have done this past year has been laced with stress, but I feel so blessed to say that God has been faithful and has provided for us when timing, money and circumstances threatened to overwhelm us.  We have survived 4 of the top stressors in a marriage over the past 6 months and are still going strong!  I hope that God does not see fit to do this again anytime soon, ha ha!
Anyways... I am very excited to be closing and moving into our new home tomorrow and actually beginning our new life!  I am thankful for our time in Cookeville, but ready to be out of "holding" and back into a new normal.  YAY!!! We are ready for the boxes, paper and tape to fly! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Come back!!!! hehe Miss you so much! So excited for the closing tomorrw and can't wait to see pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved having you with us and we miss the sounds of sweet children. We are glad you are getting settled and will enjoy having you close by. Please give Addie, Elle and Ian a hug from Grandmom and Granddad.

    ReplyDelete