I should probably be letting Brandon write this post, but he is not here right now so I will try and tackle it. I just returned home from Brandon's farewell lunch. Today is his last official work day with the Air Force here at Lackland. For that matter, it is his last work day as an active duty member with the USAF. For those who may not be aware, Brandon is separating from the Air Force. This decision has been one of the biggest and toughest that we have had to make in our married life and just putting the words down in black and white is hard.
When we entered the service, 7 years ago, everyone told us that the Air Force was like family and was a small world. Of course people say that a lot about a lot of things, but for us the service has proven to live up to this. We can not imagine life now without the friends we have met, most of whom live all across the country, the experiences we have gained, and the places we have been.
God has used the Air Force to provide for us when we could not fathom how we would make things work with Addie's premature birth. The kindness and compassion of a commander who allowed Brandon to remain with me in Albuquerque for the 3months Addie was in the hospital, the orders that allowed him to receive per diem while we were away from our home for that time and the warm reception once we finally were able to bring her home will NEVER be forgotten nor will the thankfulness we have lessen.
We have been able to travel to places I never imagined seeing outside the pages of a book! Brandon was able to participate on the USAF swim team and compete in Germany, which opened the door for visits to Holland, Ireland, and England. Our travels this year took us to our daughter in Ethiopia, where once again we were blessed beyond belief with travel orders and finiancial assistance through the Air Force.
It is hard to imagine what life will be like apart from the service. I wish I could tell you all where we are headed next, but for now God is chosing to withhold that information from us a little bit longer. I guess He figures that we are not done with our lessen in patience yet, although I have told Him multiple times that I have learned it! (Hmmmmmm....) Hopefully He will reveal His plan for us SOON, as we are down to the wire and our time has come to an end with the active duty part of Brandon's military career. This is very bittersweet - bitter to say good-bye, but sweet because of the memories and friends that we will always cherish.
When we entered the service, 7 years ago, everyone told us that the Air Force was like family and was a small world. Of course people say that a lot about a lot of things, but for us the service has proven to live up to this. We can not imagine life now without the friends we have met, most of whom live all across the country, the experiences we have gained, and the places we have been.
God has used the Air Force to provide for us when we could not fathom how we would make things work with Addie's premature birth. The kindness and compassion of a commander who allowed Brandon to remain with me in Albuquerque for the 3months Addie was in the hospital, the orders that allowed him to receive per diem while we were away from our home for that time and the warm reception once we finally were able to bring her home will NEVER be forgotten nor will the thankfulness we have lessen.
We have been able to travel to places I never imagined seeing outside the pages of a book! Brandon was able to participate on the USAF swim team and compete in Germany, which opened the door for visits to Holland, Ireland, and England. Our travels this year took us to our daughter in Ethiopia, where once again we were blessed beyond belief with travel orders and finiancial assistance through the Air Force.
It is hard to imagine what life will be like apart from the service. I wish I could tell you all where we are headed next, but for now God is chosing to withhold that information from us a little bit longer. I guess He figures that we are not done with our lessen in patience yet, although I have told Him multiple times that I have learned it! (Hmmmmmm....) Hopefully He will reveal His plan for us SOON, as we are down to the wire and our time has come to an end with the active duty part of Brandon's military career. This is very bittersweet - bitter to say good-bye, but sweet because of the memories and friends that we will always cherish.
Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

Oh I had no idea!!! Best wishes to your beautiful family on this new journey.
ReplyDeleteWith love from your Holloman AFB friends.
Thanks, Jenny! We miss our all of our Holloman friends. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo I am thinking I should be praying that Brandon gets a job here in our area! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sacrifices your family has made over the past several years for our country!
Beautifully said, Blair. Love, Pam
ReplyDelete