Here I sit, exhausted, in the hotel room. Our last night in San Antonio. A little more than a week ago we were calling our friends and family telling them of our big move and now our home is empty, our cars are full to the hilt, our bodies are tired and our hearts are a mix of excited and sad.
This week as I have had my last swim in the neighborhood pool, my last run around the block and said my farewell’s to dear friends, I keep thinking, “Have I appreciated it enough? Did I soak it all in? Am I going to remember all the details, sights, sounds, ect?” We are very excited to be going home to Tennessee, but I don’t want to have overlooked or missed out appreciating all that God has provided us here in Texas. So… I know that my mind will be swimming with thoughts and emotions tonight, as I lay my head on my pillow and tomorrow as we drive away our hearts will be full with warm thoughts and cherished memories from San Antonio!
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.
Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Happy trails to you,
Keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we'ere together?
Just sing a song, and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you,
Til we meet again.
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.
Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Happy trails to you,
Keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we'ere together?
Just sing a song, and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you,
Til we meet again.
I'm so sad. I thought about you on my run this morning and how I won't get to run with you anymore. Thank you for getting me running again...I will cherish all of our talks together, our planning of church events, and our friendship that will last far beyond a move.
ReplyDeleteI love you dear friend! I miss you already!